Monday, January 28, 2008

Gram's Movie Wishlist

My Grandmother had surgery on her foot a few weeks ago. She has been laid up at home and is very limited in what she can do. In anticipation of her recuperation process and being bored out of her mind, she got a DVD player from my Dad and a Netflix subscription from my Uncle for Christmas. A few weeks ago, I stopped up and we created her account and her wishlist with Netflix (Note: She has a dial up connection. You can not imagine how painful it was to wait for the Internet sites to load. Her provider will not allow DSL or cable providers in the area). We added movies from the Musical and Western genres and I advised her that the next time I was visiting her we would add more movies to the wishlist.
That next time was this past weekend. She said she was in the mood for some Romances. So we logged on and selected the Romance genre and displayed a list of some popular Romances. But there was this one movie she wanted to see but could not remember the title. She said it starred that young man that just passed away (she meant Heath Ledger).

Me: "A Knight's Tale? "

Gram: "No."

Me: "10 Things I Hate About You? "

Gram: "No."

At this point I started to get a little embarrasssed and think to myself "Oh God, how can I get out of this converstion?"

Me: "Brokeback Mountain?"

Gram: "Yes, that's the one."

PS - I did not add it to the list. I love you Gram!

2 comments:

Paul Snatchko said...

But your gram would probably like to see an old-fashioned Western like that!

:-)

cecilia tinajero said...

that is soooooooo hysterical...i have tears streaming down my face!