We are a few days away from the big game and I can not wait........for the Super Bowl commercials. Below is one of my favorite all time commercials from Reebok--Terry Tate:Office Linebacker. That's a long distance call, Doug. Enjoy!
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
- 2 time All-American Basketball player at Duke
- 1960 National League MVP
- 1960 and 1964 World Series Champion
- Jersey #10 retired at Cameron Indoor Stadium
- College Basketball Hall of Fame
- Most importantly, served our great country
Monday, January 28, 2008
- When mice are born, they are called kittens.
- Mice are born bald.
It's true. You never stop learning.
My Grandmother had surgery on her foot a few weeks ago. She has been laid up at home and is very limited in what she can do. In anticipation of her recuperation process and being bored out of her mind, she got a DVD player from my Dad and a Netflix subscription from my Uncle for Christmas. A few weeks ago, I stopped up and we created her account and her wishlist with Netflix (Note: She has a dial up connection. You can not imagine how painful it was to wait for the Internet sites to load. Her provider will not allow DSL or cable providers in the area). We added movies from the Musical and Western genres and I advised her that the next time I was visiting her we would add more movies to the wishlist.
That next time was this past weekend. She said she was in the mood for some Romances. So we logged on and selected the Romance genre and displayed a list of some popular Romances. But there was this one movie she wanted to see but could not remember the title. She said it starred that young man that just passed away (she meant Heath Ledger).
Me: "A Knight's Tale? "
Me: "10 Things I Hate About You? "
At this point I started to get a little embarrasssed and think to myself "Oh God, how can I get out of this converstion?"
Me: "Brokeback Mountain?"
Gram: "Yes, that's the one."
PS - I did not add it to the list. I love you Gram!
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Thoughts from the game:
- This loss does not sit well with me. Why? We lost to Rutgers!
- I was glad to see Freshman Brad Wanamaker play some important minutes. We need him to have more experience in the event that Ronald Ramon or Keith Benjamin go down with an injury or have foul trouble.
- I can understand why fans want to see Freshman Gary McGhee more. He had a great game at South Florida when Dejuan Blair was in foul trouble. We saw some glimpses of his promise. But, come on, he shot an airball at the free throw line.